Sunday, October 6, 2013

Amelia Rose


As of October 5th, my wonderful sister had a baby girl named Amelia Rose.  She was 8 lbs, 3 oz. and 20 inches long.  And let me tell you - she's a BEAUTY!  I could very well be a little biased, but I don't think so.
Amelia Rose

It all started with a phone call at 2:00 AM.  My brother-in-law (BIL) and my dad had tried calling me for an hour, but my phone was in the living room and I was very much asleep.  My BIL called Travis, who immediately woke up.  He said, "It's baby time!"

Half asleep, Travis wakes me up saying, "It's baby time! It's baby time!"  Some how, I knew what that meant.  I grabbed the phone and my BIL tells me that my sister is having the baby!  Her contractions started around 1 AM - and by 2:00 AM, they were at the hospital with the OK to go!

I had to work at 9 AM, so of course, I was checking my phone and my Facebook to get the latest updates.  My sister and BIL kept everyone posted via Facebook.  At 9:15 AM - my niece was like a freight train.  Nothing could stop her, and she was ready to be born!  Amelia Rose was born at 9:38 AM.

Hi everybody!
I have not had the opportunity to meet my beautiful niece yet.  However, I plan on visiting this upcoming weekend.  My nephew hasn't really understood what has happened here.  I'm sure he's going to be a little confused when they get home.  But he pet his new sister and gave her kisses.  Other than that, he didn't really pay much attention to her at first.  I'm sure that will change when they get home.

Here are the pictures that they shared with me.  This weekend, I'll be able to post some of my own!  I can't wait to meet her!
All comfy!!
Joe is a big brother!

Joe gave his sister lots of kisses.
Everyone says Amelia looks so much like her brother when he was born.  I guess I can see that... especially with those big cheeks!!
Joseph Liam when he was born January 6, 2011
Amelia Rose when she was born October 5, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment