Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ending 2013, and Starting a New Chapter

2013 was pretty mellow.  Travis and I started the year living with my father-in-law, and we moved into our own apartment in July.  My high school friend was traveling to our town for work, so we were able to catch up.  I really dove into genealogy and found new cool information about my ancestors.  We also enjoyed a fabulous vacation in August with his family to Hilton Head, South Carolina.  My niece was born in October.  And Travis got a promotion again.  The year has been pretty laid back outside of those big adventures.  

We did experience a few sad moments.  Low and behold, Travis and I have been trying for a baby for some time.  Since February, actually, to no avail.  We got pregnant in August, but it was so short lived, I miscarried before we could tell anyone.  We decided to keep it a secret since... we didn't really have time to bond with the baby ourselves.  And then on December 9th, we found out we were expecting again.  My due date was set for August 13th, 2014.  We created fun Christmas presents to tell our families.  Everyone was super happy and excited for us.  Travis and I were incredibly excited as well, and we began preparing for a little one.  

Monthly Baby Bump Photos only had 1 entry.

A fun poem we gave to our parents with their Christmas gifts.  Travis's mother cried with joy.


When I went to my ultrasound, we found out the baby had stopped growing.  There was no heartbeat.  I was 9 weeks pregnant.  This will be our 3rd miscarriage.  I had my D&C on Friday, and have been healing ever since.  Tomorrow starts my "normal" routine again.  Have you ever had those moments where you wish you could just, "Ok, I'm done now!" and then everything just stop and go back to normal?  That's what I've been wishing for.  But unfortunately, life doesn't work out that way.  Travis and I are doing fine.  I think I purposely didn't let myself get too attached to the pregnancy.  I knew it was early, and I was wondering if it would even stick.  Travis and I have decided to take a break from trying for a baby.  Instead, we've decided to focus on us this year.

Travis and I are officially beginning our house hunt this spring.  I know we've mentioned it a million times before.  All I can really say, to be honest, is that we'll see where it takes us.  Hopefully, we'll have our home this year.

Travis and I are also planning our honeymoon that we never had.  This year, we are going to go to Disney World and Universal Studios in September.  The reservations have been made, deposit has been paid, and we're committed to the adventure.  This will be Travis's first time going to Disney World - and it will be both of our first times at Universal Studios.  I can't say that I'm not excited, because I really am.  

Other than that, we are going to see where life takes us.  It's a new year, and we're just going to change our focus to us and celebrate our life together.  Maybe when we are ready, we will begin again on the journey to having our own little family.  Until then, we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment