Monday, April 7, 2014

Nothing Left to Lose

This is going to be a positive post!  Depending on whether or not an opportunity arises, I am planning on going back to school for a career change.  It is scary, but I'm very excited about the journey.  I know it will not be easy, but I think it will do me well to pursue it.  It is set for me to go to pre-nursing in January 2015.  Until then, I am going to continue on my search and see what happens.

Also, I won a $100 gift certificate for a tattoo at a local studio.  This is the first time I have ever won anything.  So on Saturday, this girl will have a new tattoo.  The tattoo has a lot of symbolic meaning behind it, so I will be giving it its own post this weekend.

I also went to the grocery store and won a 3 year supply of cleaning product and a new mop.  Might not sound like a fun prize to win, but that's free stuff!!  I'm a sucker for freebies.  Plus, this cleaning product has actually proven to work!  We've been using it quite a bit.  That's money saved in cleaning supplies, like toilet cleaner, window cleaner, stain removers, carpet cleaners, and tile cleaners.

Travis and I have also decided to give ourselves a honeymoon/babymoon.  We are going to Disney on September 22nd.  Currently, the only thing we need now are plane tickets.  Everything else has been set and is ready to go!

This year may have started out difficult.  It started out like a nightmare.  But I have faith.  I have found a church that I feel is a good fit for me, and I think that has played a lot into my new view of life.  It's amazing, but I feel that God is changing me.  He is doing work through me to help me become the person I am supposed to be.  It's a confusing and daunting journey to embark on, but I think it's worth it.  After all, I don't think I have much else to lose at this point.  Travis and I have been through a lot together.  We've proven that we can survive.  It's now time to start listening to God and letting Him into my life again.  Only then, do I believe, that things will change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment