Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Time Got Away from Me.

So much is going on!  I am so sorry I left ya'll behind!  I'm going to update you on EVERYTHING! :)

My husband received a promotion at his job!  It is now a typical 9-5 job.  He has more responsibility at the business.  I am so proud of him!  On top of this 9-5 job, he is also working with me at a burger joint called Five Guys Burgers and Fries.  That's right.  We both picked up a second job and are working together!  It's a lot of fun, and our bosses like us.  Hard work pays off.

As for me, I am pulling 18 credit hours this semester.  I was able to receive grants and aid to cover my education costs.  I will be walking in the graduation ceremony this December, however I won't actually be finished with my degree until May 2012.  Since I am doing 18 credit hours this semester, I barely have time for fun.  But the sacrifice is so worth it.  I only have 4 credit hours once this semester is over - and those 4 credits are dedicated to an internship.  It seems absolutely crazy, and honestly, my life is so hectic.  However, in the long run, it is going to be cheaper than doing 12 credit hours this semester and 10 credit hours next.  Plus, next semester, I'll only be doing 20 hours a week for the internship.  The rest of my time will be dedicated to a work study position that is 10 hours a week, and a remaining 10-20 hours a week for my part-time job at Five Guys.  It's doable.  It's stressful, but it's going to be so worth it.

Right now, I'm always doing homework, I'm always in class or at work, and I have to say "no" to many of the invitations friends give me.  So many friends and family members will beg, guilt trip me, or try to persuade me into thinking I deserve time off.  My only response is, "my time off will be paid back to me in due time."  Right now, looking at all the bills and having graduation so close I can taste it, I don't want "time off."  I want to push harder.  I have more drive, more motivation.  I'll get up some days and dread being busy for 13-15 hours.  But I look at how much all this work is going to pay me back in due time.  I'll drag my feet to make it to class or to whine about writing papers every week, but in the end, I do it with vigor and passion.  I don't half-ass (excuse the language) anything because this is not just what I need, I have everything I really need; this is what I want, and that's what makes the difference.

Unfortunately, we were not able to sell the car.  We still have it with a "For Sale" sign on it, but no one is interested.  Husband turned the car on and found out the brake line had broken.  We've still put up a Craigslist ad for it, but no one has been interested in it.  If no one buys it, we're selling it for scrap parts.

GOOD NEWS THOUGH!

We're paying off our debts completely!  Woo hoo!!  I am super excited about it!  We've also paid off the remaining amount required for my student loans.  It is now officially in deferment until 3 months after graduation.  So far, as it looks, we should have 2 more debts completely paid off by 2012!  We have also added to our emergency fund!  This gives me such motivation to keep on keepin' on!

So right now:
- Emergency fund $123.91
- Husband's Promptcare Lab bill Paid off as of Sept. 1, 2011
- Sallie Mae $150 bill for deferment Paid off as of Sept. 1, 2011
- Direct Loans $323.74 bill Paid off as of Sept. 14, 2011
- Unity Physician's bill Currently $904 remaining
- Dr. Greene bill Currently $540 remaining
- SIRA radiology bill Currently $325 remaining
- Capital One credit card Currently $492.12 remaining
- Credit One credit card Currently $306 remaining

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love when debts are paid off! Our car loan is all done. I have 2 different debts; one has only 126 dollars left and I'm so pumped about that. The other one still has some time to go yet.....but we will get there!

    :)

    ReplyDelete