Saturday, February 2, 2013

What's in My Purse?


So, I was going to write a blog post about our monthly budgeting system - but my Home Management binder broke.  I'm so sad about that.  I have to get a new one, and I've decided to upgrade it a little bit.  I'll get back on with our monthly budget after I put it back together.  Our monthly budget and weekly budget are done - I just can't bring myself to show you pictures of the mess.  Everything is literally... EVERYWHERE.  And quite honestly, I don't even want to look at it at the moment.

Instead, I've been cleaning and organizing my purse.  Last year, Travis bought me this awesome planner that became my Bible.  It went everywhere with me.  I loved it.  The only negative thing about it was that it was too big for my purse.  I always had to carry it separate.  I didn't want to part ways with it.  However, Travis told me that my Valentine's Day/Anniversary gift can be a new planner designed how I want it.  EEK!!!

After reading the Budget Planner on A Bowl Full of Lemons, I had to compare Filofax with Day-Timer.  I actually preferred Filofax because of the variety of sizes, and you can tailor your planner with a variety of different pages and fillers.  Plus, for $4, you can get the post-its and markers (which I am guessing I could refill on my own if I run out).

Here is my purse.


I love my purse because my dad bought it for me for Christmas.  He had paid attention to something I said that was just a fleeting thought.  During Thanksgiving, I made a little comment about my purse falling apart.  My dad caught that and went and picked out a purse for me!  I love my dad!  And I love the style he picked out.  My mom was with him, but she said she let him pick it out.  He wants to be more involved in my life and my sister's life.  He just feels like he doesn't understand "girl talk."  Well, dad, sometimes guys know exactly what we want!  My dad did a good job.  And now I cannot part with my purse.

The color of my purse is different.  It's like a brown... with black and gold on it.  And I love the texture of it.  So I tried to find a planner on Filofax that was on sale (60% off!!!) and matched as close as possible to my purse.  I also didn't want to spend TOO much on it.  I chose the Dakota Personal in Black.  I tailored it to add the Assorted Sticky Notes - Personal and since my choice did not include a Finance section, I added the Personal Finances Section.  I definitely have plans for this little planner.  I can't wait for it to arrive!  Stay tuned when I post about our weekly budgeting system and how I organize my planners to fit my life.

Back to my purse.

Can you guess what I have??
This is what I always keep in my purse.  They say you can learn a lot about a woman by what she keeps in her purse.  Let's see what we learn about me!

The endless pit.
Of course, we can start off with my wallet.  We don't have to look in there. ;)

Hi wallet!!
Next, I have my weekly/monthly planner.  This planner is strictly for me.  It keeps records of all of my projects at work, my appointments, my bills, my To-Do list at work, at the zoo, and at home.  It's my life.  I get scatterbrained sometimes, so I have to have it all detailed.  I also keep a Rolodex business card wallet.  That's all it has in it - business cards.  I usually keep that for networking and for work purposes.  Always trade business cards when you can!
These things help me not get lost in a busy life.

The little snowman notepad is for all of my silly notes to myself.  Usually, it's used for shopping so that I don't forget the little things.  Or if I have to quickly jot down a number, name, or address - it goes there.  I always go through my notes.  If it involves shopping, I put it in the "Shopping Envelop."  We write how much we budget on the front of the envelop.  Whenever I am out and about, I can stop and pick up any items we need.  It keeps it all organized and easy to find.

My notepad and shopping envelop.

I am obsessed with body spray and perfume.  Unfortunately, my husband is allergic to stronger perfumes, so I can't spray myself until I am outside.  I keep a perfume/body spray in the console of my car and I keep one in my purse.  Right now, I have 2 because the Japanese Cherry Blossom is almost empty.  My back up is Love Spell - which I got for Christmas!  I also keep chapsticks and lip gloss in my purse at all times.  I had to throw away my favorite chapstick because it was nasty.  I never use chapstick enough to use an entire tube thing of it.

I smell pretty... oh so pretty...

I always keep tissues with me - especially during the winter.  I hate runny noses!!  I also have my paycheck, since my employer does not offer direct deposit.  I always keep a cheap calculator (from Dollar Tree!) and pens.  And yes, that green pen IS in fact a pen with pictures and quotes from 'A Christmas Story'.
My pen says, "Fra-gee-lay, it must be Italian."
This always cracks me up.  It's like a pocket in my purse that says, "NERD and GHETTO REDNECK CHICK" all in one!

Nerd & Ghetto Redneck Chick pocket
I carry a pocket knife with me everywhere I go.  It's super helpful!  If I had to use it for self-defense, I highly doubt I would actually use it.  I keep it for more handy stuff that randomly occurs.  Everyone is always shocked that I have a pocket knife.

It used to have a faceplate on the other side, but it broke off.
It was red and said "Country Girl" on it.
Got this beaut in Gatlinburg, TN.
Every woman needs to have the secret pocket.  I carry my bathroom in this pocket.  No joke, tamponsfeminine wipes (seriously, I'd rather use those suckers than go into a bathroom stall without toilet paper!), and LOTS of Midol.  Guys will stop rummaging through my purse to "see what I have" when they hit this pocket.  It's like magic.  You have cash?  Keep it in that pocket.  I highly doubt any dude will dig for it.

It's like Kryptonite for men!

Last but not least, the front pocket.

My front pocket is only used for headphonesa spare lighter, and my cell phones.  I have 2.  This blue dinosaur phone is mine.  My iPhone is my work phone - which doubles as my awesome camera - so it isn't in the picture.

The front pocket accessories.
iPhone not pictured.
And that's all folks.

So here's a comprehensive list of all the stuff I have in my purse every day:

  • Wallet
  • Personal Planner for me only
  • Business Card Wallet
  • Mini-Notepad
  • Shopping Envelop
  • Perfume/Body Spray
  • Chapstick & Lip Glosses
  • Tissues
  • Paycheck
  • Calculator
  • Pens
  • Pocket Knife
  • Feminine Products
  • Headphones
  • Spare Lighter
  • Cell Phones


I carry a lot of junk.  Haha!

ETA: I forgot to mention that in the first picture, you can see a stack of papers with a rubber band around it.  That's for work.  It's temporary.  I have to get labels laminated somewhere.  So I just ignored that.

No comments:

Post a Comment