Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Liebster Award!

::sniff sniff:: It's so beautiful!


I'm super excited to announce that I've received my first blog award!  YAY!  Special thanks to Ryanne for the nomination!  Definitely check out her blog at A Method in the Madness.  Hop on over to her blog and say hi!
ETA:  A big shout out also goes to Jamey over at A Fraction of the Whole for nominating me as well.  Her blog is super cute - so check it out, too!  And show Amanda some love over at A Whole Lotta Somethin'!  Her blog is pure delciousness!!

So what is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award nomination goes to those bloggers who have a following of less than 200 to promote other bloggers to comment and share - even get to know each other!  I think this is great, because it gives you the potential to gather a larger following!  If you get nominated, you cannot nominate the person who nominated you (No tagbacks!).

The point of the Liebster Award is to answer questions, tell 11 secrets about yourself, and nominate 11 other bloggers who fit the criteria.  Here it goes!

11 Things About Me

  1. I absolutely hate spaghetti.  I have no idea why.
  2. I own land by my great-grandparents old homestead in Kentucky.  It sits high up on a mountain.  Unfortunately, the land isn't really anything I could build a house on or do anything with.  My uncle rents it for his horse pasture.
  3. My favorite color is orange, second favorite is teal.  Travis's favorite color is Teal, and his second favorite is orange.
  4. I am a Scorpio to a T.  My zodiac sign fits me perfectly.
  5. I am so sorry to say this, but I don't like musicals.  ::runs and hides::
  6. I always had this dream to write a book - a fiction fairytale-like book.  But, let's be honest, I'm way to lazy to attempt it.
  7. I can't stand the sound of my voice.  It's too girly and makes me sound naive.  I wish I had an "adult voice."
  8. I am most self conscious about my big ears.  I'm like Dumbo.  These suckers can make me fly.
  9. I play Devil's Advocate in most political debates.  1.) I find it funny that some people get way too bent out of shape about it.  2.) It's no one's business who I actually vote for.  3.) It really helps strengthen my points of view and my morals on certain issues from trying to think about it from a completely different perspective.
  10. I was a ballroom dance teacher.  I quickly learned that dancing is better as my hobby than a career.
  11. I absolutely, 100% hate winter/snow with a fiery, burning passion.  I cannot stand to be THAT cold. And I hate having to drive and walk in it, especially when I have to clear off my car of all the snow and ice.
11 Questions

1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
     A:  This blog is dedicated to the journey Travis and I embark as a couple.  We're building our careers from the start.  We lost so much.  We've endured enough as is.  After losing so much from medical debt, we've persevered.  We're rebuilding our lives together.  That's the point of this blog - to document the journey.  It gives us hope that things will work out.

2. How did you know that your spouse was THE ONE?
    A:  Travis and I just clicked.  It was the way he laughed.  It was the jokes he made.  He had an unbelievably open heart.  It was the way he smiled and looked at me.  It was the way I felt in his arms.  He was the only one that actually got me.  He understood me.  He is such a loving person, inside and out.  He shines and lights up a room.  I don't think I ever had someone that meshed with me so well.  I love him.  He's my rock when I need it.  He's amazing.  I love him with all I have.

3. Name the 3 most important people in your life and why they are so important.
   A:  I'm having a hard time selecting 3 - so I'm going to choose 4.  Number 1 is Travis.  Travis and I have walked together, side-by-side, through the good times and the bad.  We work as a team.  It took us a while to get to that point - and it was pure dedication on both parts.  Travis has saved my life and I have saved his.  We've never left each others' side.  Number 2 is my mother.  My mother has always provided me with the best advice in so many different ways.  She's put me in my place when I need it most, and she's given me utmost love and affection when I needed it most.  She always raised me with the concept of "I'm not here to tell you what you want to hear.  I'm here to tell you what you need to hear because I love you and I care."  I don't know where I would be without her guidance and humor.  Number 3 is my father.  He has always made time in his life for me.  He always dove head first into all of my silly hobbies and activities that I pursued throughout my life.  He has always been proud of me - and he tells me regularly.  My dad will put his life aside for me.  He would give his life for me.  I know this, and I feel truly blessed to have such a strong willed, big hearted, hard working man take such pride in me.  I don't know what I would do without my daddy.  Number 4 is my sister Stephanie.  She has always been my best friend.  We would hang out together on a regular basis.  We stayed up late - just like it was a slumber party with your BFF.  We told stories, we told secrets - and today, we share that same bond.  Whenever I need to talk or escape from daily life, my sister is always there.  I couldn't walk this life without my big sister being around.  When we are old and grey, we'll be sitting on the front porch, watching the kids and grandkids play - as our husbands do what old guys do - and we'll laugh, yell at the kids, and enjoy the sunshine with our Pepsi cold in a glass.  We'll live our lives together - and the husbands are totally fine with that.

4.  How do your personal beliefs (social/religious/philosophical) differ from your upbringing now that you are an adult?  How have they stayed the same?
   A:  I won't lie and say I've always been the same.  I've grown.  I've matured.  When I was younger, I thought life was much simpler.  Even in college, I was very naive.  But I have noticed that life isn't supposed to be taken seriously.  While it is more complicated as an adult - there are questions I still cannot find answers to - it isn't worth the stress.  Life is meant to be lived without a chip on the shoulder.  Don't carry the baggage.  People come and people go - and that's ok.  Life goes on, and new memories are made - new people are met.  But most importantly, I've developed a strong belief that even when I am alone - I'm not actually alone in this world.  I have God and my Guardian Angels always watching out for me.  I'm not as fearful as I once was.  My personal beliefs that have stayed the same - it's best to keep life a mystery and not have all the answers.

5.  If you had a million dollars, how would you spend it?
   A:  I'd buy a house.  I'd pay off my student loan debt.  I'd buy Travis and myself a new car - since our cars are wearing down.  I'd pay off my sister's debt.  I'd pay off my parents' debt.  I'd give my parents back the money they spent on me.  I'd have babies and start college funds.  Whatever is left will go to the American Cancer Society in memory of all my loved ones that have been lost due to cancer.

6.  Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
   A:  Owning a home, having children, still married to Travis, and working a stable job that provides a decent living.  And having really really old kitty cats named Coheed & Smokey.

7.  What is one way you are seeking to improve yourself in one year?
   A:  Building my career.  It's my main focus.  

8.  What is the best book you have ever read?
   A:  UGH - making me choose only one?!?!  The first one to pop into my head was "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro.  I cried like a baby for hours when I finished it.  I couldn't put the book down. Ask Travis.  I was obsessed - and when the book was done - he left me alone to grieve. lol

9.  What song describes your mood today?
   A:  Even though it was a Thursday... "Manic Monday" seems to be the best fit.  It was stressful.

10.  Do you have any pets?
   A:  TWO adorably handsome kitty cats named Coheed & Smokey. :D

11.  Do you have a Bucket List?
   A:  Only on Pinterest.  I don't think I really have a real bucket list.  

11 Questions for You
  1. What is your favorite color and why?
  2. So, you have a blog.  Why?
  3. What is your goal for this year?
  4. What is the best song to describe your mood today?
  5. Who are the 3 most important people in your life and why?
  6. How did you meet your significant other? (if single, what do you look for in a significant other?)
  7. If there was a $100 bill laying on the ground, would you take it?  If so, what would you buy with it?  If not, why?
  8. Compare yourself to your 15 year old self.  What would you tell him/her?
  9. What is your worst vice?
  10. Take your age and double it.  Where do you see yourself at that age?
  11. What is the best life advice you can give your followers?
And the nomination goes to:
The top 11 blogs I have chosen are as follows (in no specific order):

No comments:

Post a Comment